Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by to visit the blog. News, updates, links and thoughts about food safety will be available as updates.

Friday, February 22, 2013

Risk Analysis

As I have posted on the Dirigo Quality Meats FaceBook page, I am going to start offering Risk Analysis and HACCP training. As I go about the process of writing this one day course, I am learning a great deal.


  1. I probably should have stuck math in college out through linear algebra
  2. There is practically no one bridging the gap between rigorous mathematical approach to risk analysis and a more bottom up organic approach that is common in food safety discussions.
  3. The preferred method of teaching about risk analysis starts with a definition.  I was taught in high school English class this was a pretty weak way to start an essay.  I think the same is true of a Power Point deck.
  4. I am trying to come up with some interesting risk analysis activities and it is HARD.

No comments:

Post a Comment